By Anders Nilsson,Lars G. M. Pettersson,Jens Norskov
Molecular floor technological know-how has made huge, immense development some time past 30 years. the improvement will be characterised through a revolution in primary wisdom acquired from uncomplicated version platforms and by means of an explosion within the variety of experimental recommendations. The final 10 years has obvious an both fast improvement of quantum mechanical modeling of floor techniques utilizing Density useful idea (DFT).
Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces focuses on phenomena and ideas instead of on experimental or theoretical recommendations. the purpose is to supply the typical foundation for describing the interplay of atoms and molecules with surfaces and this for use very widely in technological know-how and technology.
The publication starts off with an outline of structural info on floor adsorbates and discusses the constitution of a few vital chemisorption structures. bankruptcy 2 describes intimately the chemical bond among atoms or molecules and a steel floor within the saw floor constructions. a close description of experimental details at the dynamics of bond-formation and bond-breaking at surfaces make up bankruptcy three. through an in-depth research of features of heterogeneous catalysis in response to the d-band version. In bankruptcy five adsorption and chemistry at the significantly vital Si and Ge semiconductor surfaces are lined. within the last Chapters the ebook strikes on from solid-gas interfaces and appears at solid-liquid interface techniques. within the ultimate bankruptcy an outline is given of the environmentally vital chemical methods taking place on mineral and oxide surfaces involved with water and electrolytes.
- Gives examples of the way sleek theoretical DFT suggestions can be utilized to layout heterogeneous catalysts
- This ebook fits the fast creation of equipment and ideas from floor technology right into a large variety of medical disciplines the place the interplay among a fantastic and the encompassing fuel or liquid part is a vital component
- Shows how perception into chemical bonding at surfaces could be utilized to quite a number clinical difficulties in heterogeneous catalysis, electrochemistry, environmental technological know-how and semiconductor processing
- Provides either the basic point of view and an outline of chemical bonding by way of constitution, digital constitution and dynamics of bond rearrangements at surfaces
Read or Download Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces PDF
Similar physical & theoretical chemistry books
The chance administration of chemical substances represents a world problem. It occupied a admired position on schedule 21 of the UN convention on atmosphere and improvement (UNCED), held in Rio de Janeiro in 1992. the advance and harmonization of probability evaluate tools are an important prerequisite to winning chance administration.
This accomplished textbook covers the relevant components of actual chemistry, resembling thermodynamics, quantum chemistry, molecular spectroscopy, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry and nanotechnology. In a methodical and obtainable type, the publication discusses classical, irreversible and statistical thermodynamics and statistical mechanics, and describes macroscopic chemical structures, regular states and thermodynamics at a molecular point.
Theoretical Chemistry: Advances and views, quantity three compiles reports that assessment all elements of theoretical chemistry. This publication starts by way of discussing the advancements that have made the ab initio research of molecular ions possible, by means of a remedy on classical equilibrium thermodynamics.
Part Equilibria: uncomplicated ideas, functions, Experimental concepts provides an analytical remedy within the examine of the theories and ideas of part equilibria. The ebook is equipped to manage to pay for a deep and thorough realizing of such matters because the approach to species version platforms; condensed phase-vapor part equilibria and vapor shipping reactions; quarter refining strategies; and nonstoichiometry.
- Poly(o-aminophenol) Film Electrodes: Synthesis, Transport Properties and Practical Applications (Engineering Materials)
- Zeolites and Zeolite-like Materials
- Physics and Applications of Dilute Nitrides (Optoelectronic Properties of Semiconductors and Superlattice)
- Supercritical Water
- Structure Determination from Powder Diffraction Data (International Union of Crystallography Monographs on Crystallography)
Additional resources for Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces
Chemical Bonding at Surfaces and Interfaces by Anders Nilsson,Lars G. M. Pettersson,Jens Norskov