By Stacy Takacs
Interrogating pop culture: Key Questions deals an available advent to the research of pop culture, either ancient and modern. starting from the idea that cultural platforms are dynamic, contradictory, and tough to pin down, Stacy Takacs explores the sphere via a survey of significant questions, addressing:
- Definitions: What is pop culture? How has it built through the years? What features does it serve?
- Method: what's a formal item of analysis? How may still we examine and interpret well known texts and practices?
- Influence: How does pop culture relate to social energy and control?
- Identity and disposition: How will we relate to pop culture? How does it circulate and fix us?
- Environment: How does pop culture form the methods we predict, believe and act within the world?
Illustrated with a wide selection of case reports, masking every thing from medieval spectacle to truth television, activities fandom and Youtube, Interrogating renowned Culture supplies scholars a theoretically wealthy analytical toolkit for figuring out the advanced dating among pop culture, identification and society.