By Simon DeVries
The be aware Biblical observation can provide the easiest in biblical scholarship, from the prime students of our day who percentage a dedication to Scripture as divine revelation. This sequence emphasizes a radical research of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological proof. the result's really apt and balanced perception into the meanings of the textual content within the framework of biblical theology. those generally acclaimed commentaries function extraordinary assets for the pro theologian and teacher, the seminary or college scholar, the operating minister, and everybody fascinated by development theological realizing from a pretty good base of biblical scholarship.
Overview of observation Organization
- Introduction—covers concerns relating the full booklet, together with context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive concerns, objective, and theology.
- Each component to the remark includes:
- Pericope Bibliography—a beneficial source containing an important works that pertain to every specific pericope.
- Translation—the author’s personal translation of the biblical textual content, reflecting the outcome of exegesis and getting to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic utilization of phrases, words, and tenses, but in kind of reliable English.
- Notes—the author’s notes to the interpretation that handle any textual variations, grammatical varieties, syntactical buildings, uncomplicated meanings of phrases, and difficulties of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting—a dialogue of redaction, style, resources, and culture as they obstacle the foundation of the pericope, its canonical shape, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts on the way to remove darkness from the constitution and personality of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional good points vital to realizing the passage also are brought here.
- Comment—verse-by-verse interpretation of the textual content and discussion with different interpreters, enticing with present opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation—brings jointly the entire result of the dialogue in earlier sections to reveal the that means and goal of the textual content at numerous degrees: (1) in the context of the booklet itself; (2) its that means within the OT or NT; (3) its position within the complete canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
General Bibliography—occurring on the finish of every quantity, this vast bibliography comprises all resources used anyplace within the commentary.
Read or Download 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) PDF
Best christian reference_1 books
This quantity gathers the writings of thirty-one nineteenth-century girls at the tales of ladies within the Gospels—Mary and Martha, Anna, the Samaritan girl on the good, Herodias and Salome, Mary Magdalene, and extra. Retrieving and reading not often learn works by means of Christina Rossetti, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Elizabeth Wordsworth, and plenty of others, Women within the tale of Jesus illuminates the biblical textual content, recovers a overlooked bankruptcy of reception heritage, and is helping us comprehend and practice Scripture in our current context.
Carrying on with a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this thoroughly revised variation of The Expositor’s Bible statement sequence places world-class biblical scholarship on your fingers. in line with the unique twelve-volume set that has turn into a staple in university and seminary libraries and pastors’ experiences around the world, this new thirteen-volume version marshals the most up-tp-date evangelical scholarship and assets.
Being attentive to what Jesus did, how he lived, offers new insights for the believer. Jesus is our mentor
During this remark, Paul Hoskins offers an obtainable consultant should you are looking to comprehend the booklet of Revelation. He issues out Revelation’s many connections to the previous testomony, the theology of John, and biblical theology. He indicates how invaluable those connections will be for studying Revelation and appreciating its richness.
Extra info for 1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary)
1 Kings, Volume 12: Second Edition (Word Biblical Commentary) by Simon DeVries